A Humanized Technology example
Five Machines is a set of five prototypes that explores alternative definitions of the relationship between humans and machines. The machines all have their own functions:
- Machine 1 wants to protect your privacy by creating noise, in order to make collected data less imitable.
- Machine 2 expresses opinions as it observes you through its camera.
- Machine 3 is all about exchanging energy.
- Machine 4 looks for unexpected moments.
- Machine 5 has knowledge of philosophy and tries to debate in a Socratic way.
Five Machines is Humanizing Technology because instead of seeing technology as something potentially dangerous and that will dominate humans, Five Machines is looking at the possibilities that a co-evolution between man and machine could bring with it.